Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Week 8: #19 Web-based Apps: They're not just for desktops

I signed up with Zoho Writer http://writer.zoho.com/index.do and read through the introduction by Helene Blowers. I can totally see someone in the business world using this web site. The idea of being able to access documents from any computer and having instant collaboration with colleages you need to share them with is a great idea. I like the fact that the user doesn't have to download any software. I guess this would be a great tool for students who are doing group projects. They could work on the project together and not have to leave the comfort of their homes or dorm rooms. I e-mailed the website for my husband to checkout in case he's not aware of it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This seems to be something like GoogleDocs, right? Neat idea. My students also use Wrike for their group projects. It's a great tool, which lets you work in wiki-like style. You can also upload files and associate them with tasks. So it's almost like online documents. It's very convenient, cause you can use it anywhere.