Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Week 8: #18 Social Networking: Making friends in the comfort of your own home

I checked out "My Space" http://www.myspace.com/ to see what it was like, as I hear it mentioned so much in the media and by word of mouth. It was actually a pretty well designed website with alot of attractions on it to entice you to peruse. I originally thought that it was just someplace kids go to tell others about their lives, interests, likes and dislikes, etc., but it had much more to offer. I did not sign up, however, as I really don't have the time to chat with total strangers. I have a hard enough time just keeping up with my family and friends. I also took a short tour of "Yahoo 360", "Zanga.com" and " Threadless." "Yahoo 360" was not interesting to me at all. It seemed to be more of a site to really just create a blog. I watched a video blog on "Zanga" about table tennis. I guess it was advertizing a video game or something. Maybe that's why I didn't find it appealing. The last website, "Threadless" was a t-shirt site to order t-shirts. I think this must appeal more to kids or twenty somethings. The only t-shirts I like are the souvenir shirts I buy from places I visit. At least now I know what some of these chat rooms are like when I hear about them in conversations.

No comments: